- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup of one of Stonewall Kitchen’s Specialty Preserves: Stonewall
Kitchen Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam, Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry
Jam, Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade or Stonewall Kitchen
Fig & Walnut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°, and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream butter in a large bowl until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat
until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Sift into butter mixture and blend.
- Stir in walnuts, and chill dough about 1 hour until firm enough to form
into 1-inch balls.
- Roll dough into balls and put on cookie sheet leaving about 2" between
- Make an indentation in the center of each ball with your thumb or the
handle of a wooden spoon. Fill each cookie with a generous 1/4 teaspoon
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 14 to 15 minutes. Remove from
oven, allow cookies to rest for a minute before transferring to a rack